NEW INFORMATION about Uranium Milling Projects by Energy Fuels
- The project in Paradox Valley is on hold because the uranium market crashed (again). News clip: Durango Herald
- The water right for the proposed mill in Paradox Valley has been cancelled by the state of Colorado: ORDER
- Intent to Sue (60-day Notice) over operation violations by Grand Canyon Trust againt Energy Fuels uranium processing facility at White Mesa, near Blanding, Utah. Press Release; 60-day Notice
WEBSITE of Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE)
On November 18, 2009, Energy Fuels submitted an application to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for a radioactive materials license for the proposed Piñon Ridge Mill, located about 12 miles west of Naturita, Colorado, in the Paradox Valley.
The mill is designed to process uranium and vanadium ores. As a part of reviewing the application, the Department prepared an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
The purpose of the hearing is to receive comment and evidence on the application and the EIA. The hearing will be presided over by an independent hearing officer.At the hearing members of the public can provide written and/or verbal comments on the license application and the Departments Environmental Impact Assessment.
Written public comment may be sent to the hearing officer as indicated below. Richard Dana
Judicial Arbiter Group, Inc.
1601 Blake Street, Suite 400
(303) 572-1919 or 1 (800) 272-4837
Tentative schedule for pre- and post-hearing procedures is as follows:
- August 17, 2012 - initial deadline for party status applications.
- August 23 - case management hearing.
- September 6 - identification of issues to be addressed at hearing from prospective parties.
- September 20 - expert witness disclosures due per Colo. Rules of Civil Procedure, Rule 26(a)(2).
- September 25 - final deadline for party status applications October 5 - pre-hearing conference
- October 15 - hearing convened (parties may attend by telephone)
- November 2 - optional written expert rebuttal testimony; end expert discovery.
- November 7 - hearing reconvenes.
- November 13 - completion of presentation of evidence of parties. December 4 - deadline for parties proposed findings of fact and conclusions of law and orders.
- January 11, 2013 - hearing officers written findings of fact and conclusions of law issued.
- January 25 - deadline to file exceptions to the hearing officers decision.
- February 1 - responses to exceptions to the hearing officers decision.
- February 4 - replies to responses due (replies only permitted if the response brief raises issues that were not raised in the opening brief).
- February 25 - ruling on exceptions to hearing officer's decision.
- April 27 - final agency action on the license application.
State of Colorado Environmental Review Documents
Preliminary Application by Energy Fuels
Comments of Sheep Mountain Alliance
Administrative Hearing in Nucla, Colorado, November 2012
Talk about this article...